Israeli Newspaper Article
Israel declared their independence in 1948. Nowadays it has a population of seven million. The citizens’ background and religion is mainly Jewish people. Israel is also considered to be a liberal democracy and the most advanced in the region. Israel is a unique country because it is the only country created based on religion. It is also the only country in the Middle East that the primary religion is the Jewish religion. Israel has had three wars in the past. They had to fight hard to gain their independence and become their own country. The name Israel came from the bible a genesis where Jacob was renamed Israel after wrestling with an angel of god.
Questions:
What is the most interesting thing about the history of Israel that we might not know about?
What kind of food do you eat there?
----written by Jessica
Questions:
What is the most interesting thing about the history of Israel that we might not know about?
What kind of food do you eat there?
----written by Jessica

1 Comments:
There are lots of things about the history of Israel you might not know about, but you certainly seem to know more than me, or at least be much more interested.
I'm joking, of course, but I can't think of anything worthwhile.
We eat much of the same stuff you do. The main difference I noticed is that people here eat their salads with olive oil rather than dressings. Fast food here is somewhat less popular (I think,) and we do have certain dishes you won't find in Kansas. I think most Americans would feel at home.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home