Israeli History Newspaper Article
Israel is a country in the Western Asian Levant on the edge of the southeastern Mediterranean Sea. Israel borders Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt. Israel declared its independence in 1948. It is the world’s only Jewish state. Jerusalem is the capital city and the seat of government. Israel is one of the many countries in the Middle East but the only one considered to have liberal democracy. Israel is the most advanced in the region for economic competitions, business regulations, freedom of press, and overall human development. For four thousand years Israel has been a Jewish holy land and a promised land. Israel holds in Jewish religious obligations, encompassing Judaism’s most important sites. Sites such as the first and second temple are extremely important religious icons for Jewish people. The first of a series of Jewish kingdoms and states established intermitted rule over the region that lasted more than a millennium, starting around the eleventh century.
Questions:
Are all Israelis Jewish?
What do Muslims think of Israel and the fact the Jewish people consider Israel as their Promised Land?
----written by Corina
Questions:
Are all Israelis Jewish?
What do Muslims think of Israel and the fact the Jewish people consider Israel as their Promised Land?
----written by Corina

2 Comments:
Hi!
1. No, not all of Israel's citizens are Jewish but we are the majority. If I'm not mistaken 80% of our population are Jewish and the rest are Muslim, Druse, Circassian and Christian (who are 20% together).
2. Well, I guess they don't really like the idea and that's why they attack.
I Hope I Helped,
Matan
Some Israelis are Muslims and Christians, and I think there are some other minorities. The ones with an Israeli citizenship are the ones who lived here before 1948 and their descendants.
Muslims' opinions regarding Israel differ, just like those of any other religion or group.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home